1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Usually wrapping paper. My mom even has me wrap my own presents. My favorite part though, is putting the ribbons on.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial at my apartment (and 4ish feet tall), and a bigger artificial one at my mom’s.
3. When do you put up the tree? Never before Thanksgiving – it’s a rule!
4. When do you take the tree down? When I get back from visiting family after the holidays.
5. Do you like eggnog? Yikes! Nope!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I don’t know if it was my favorite, but my most memorable was my Rainbow Brite kitchen set. One year, my grandma knitted my doll and I matching sweaters, leg warmers, and a blanket. They were pink with aqua hearts. Super cute!
7. Hardest person to buy for? Brother.
8. Easiest person(s) to buy for? My niece. Little girls are easy to spoil.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? No but my mom has a couple, including this one which is awesome!
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I plead the 5th, they read on occasion.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Definitely “A Christmas Story”
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I buy a few things online ahead of time and have it shipped to California, but depending on when my break starts, I buy most of it when I get there to avoid packing it or paying for shipping.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes. Regarding the details, I plead the 5th again. It was to the same person though, that gave me the worst Christmas gift – if that makes me sound any better.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? HAM! I LOVE HAM!!!! There is nothing that says Happy Birthday Jesus like a nice piece of pork!
16. Lights on the tree? All white. When I was little, colored.
17. Favorite Christmas song? I am a freak. War is Over – Neil Diamond version. There is just all sorts of irony there.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel, travel, travel
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? I think so (without cheating on Google). Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donder (yes it has 2 d’s, look it up), Blitzen… and the most famous reindeer of all Rudolph.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star on both mine and my mom’s.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Every year growing up, my bro and I would beg and plead, and whine to get to open one. We usually were successful. Now that we are… ahem… adults, we don’t have to beg to open ONE on Christmas Eve. I think one year we went to my dad’s for Christmas morning, so we opened all of them with my mom on Christmas Eve.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? I used to think it was when people abbreviated Christmas as Xmas. But now taking Greek, I found out that sometimes people abbreviate Christ with an X so…
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? My tree is blue, red, and silver and it looks pretty snazzy.
(last year’s version)
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? See #15.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? CGMS! What? Too expensive? A new lens for my camera would be sweet, Photoshop, hmm… I don’t know… I like to shop so gift cards are good. Nothing too big because it has to fit in my suitcase on the way home!