It may have less days, but it has all the excitement!
- My birthday (2/13)
(celebrating in ’05 with a banana cake – YUM!)
- My first and only trip to the Emergency Room – admitted with a blood sugar of 713. (2/4/03 ~ 1:00 AM)
- Spent four days in the hospital with DKA and finally received an accurate diagnosis of Type 1 diabetes – after a series of doctor and PA errors bordering on malpractice. As they slowly lowered my blood sugar and replaced my severely low potassium, I learned how to give myself shots at least 3x per day (2/4-8/03).
- Started using my Paradigm 512 insulin pump (2/04).
- Received a phone call that my mom was in the hospital after a car accident in which her head hit the windshield (glad the memory loss was only temporary Mom! :P) (2/11/06)
- I wonder what will happen this year…